Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Food is Currency is Me

Viewed as fuzzy, a harmless little caterpillar,
spend your days sucking up what matters to you most,
me, green leafy, money,
but I see past your cute cuddly front, those red, bloodthirsty
eyes repeated down your body don’t lie
about the way you disregard resources,
not even stopping and taking a second to reflect
on your actions, what they mean,
can’t you see
food is currency,
people created, trade, fight, and die for
me because I’m necessary to transform society,
but come, take a taste and see what happens when you eat
me, as I pass through the infirmary of your stomach,
only to become fertilizer supporting the growth
of next years bunch, just as beautiful and purposeful as
me standing here today, propped up by the twigs of reason,
which won’t allow you to stop
me, because I perpetuate myself
through the nature of greed, but I promise
I’m not here to hurt,
only assist in the growth attractive things,
so don’t exploit, rather realize as you chew on
me, the sinew that holds civilization together,
what it is and what it took to create
me: countless lives, time, energy, love,
all human goodness can be found in
me, so don’t abuse or take
me for granted because I aid
metamorphosis and help turn you into
a beautiful butterfly benefiting society,
because, yes, I’m that powerful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home